Monday, February 8, 2010

John Dimmer from FIRS Management

John was very interesting, he answered a lot of my questions about financing a business form the beginning to the end. Some of the things he said seemed self evident, such as when you are first starting the business, you need to be the initial investor. One thing I learned though was, use your family and friends as investors for your company at start up. John was able to give a lot of insight on the angel network, how they look at start up businesses and some of the reasons why they would reject a business. I found that part of his presentation very interesting. There was a lot of good information that John was able to pass on to the class I was very interested in everything he had to say and he seemed very knowledgeable on starting a business and what it takes to fund the business. There were a lot of companies that john had started and invested in. one of the main points that I liked about john was he started the Tacoma Angel network to help other businesses to grow and become successful. I think he went a good rout I plan on becoming a business investor after I had some experience in running a successful business. It seems like John really enjoyed helping other businesses grow.

No comments: