Friday, February 5, 2010

Employee management

My business consists of two main people in the beginning a programmer and a graphics designer. My business will have almost no start up money so those two people will have to be the owners of the business so I don’t have to worry about paying an employee. For any specialty work such as concept art or story lines those will be done by the graphics designer. There will be opportunities for volunteer work, people who are looking to get there foot in the door on a small startup business. Other employees will not even be considered until there is a steady income of at least a million dollars. Then I would hire five more employees based on the needs of the company. I would look for someone in sales, artists for the design of the game, and another programmer. As the company grow I would add employees accordingly. There would be a lot of shared jobs in the beginning, the artist will have to take on sales and the programmer would have to think about funding and distribution of the product for example. In the first five years the company would consist of a skeleton crew the basics of what the company needs to stay afloat. The idea is to keep my overhead low and my income high with as little stress on the company and employees as possible. It would be a hard plan to follow but there is a lot of competition in the gaming market and for a startup company to survive it needs to find a competitive edge.

No comments: