Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bruce Kendall, Board of Economic Development for Pierce County

Bruce was a very interesting I fond his initial topic quite entertaining I never really thought about all the mascots and how they really didn’t always make since. Then he went into the development of Tacoma which was interesting in its own way I am relatively new to Tacoma so it was nice to hear what people thought of the area and how it has chanced over the past couple of years and how they are trying to make the city even better. I think Tacoma is a great place and I think that to hear any kind of news on the growth is always a good topic. Bruce didn’t just go into the development of Tacoma and mascots but he also brought up aerospace engineering which is kind of funny because I almost was going to get my degree as a aerospace engineer but when I researched job opportunities in that field I found that the only way your going to get a job is when some one retires because its just a great job to have. I really have just been fascinated with air planes and space flight since I can remember and to hear a little information about it was a good change, I almost wanted to change my degree, but not really. I definitely like when we have a guest speaker it brings a great change of pace to the classroom and it definitely gives me a boost of energy to work hard so that I can excel in a job.

No comments: