Friday, May 13, 2011

Twitter project


For my Computer-Mediated Communications class I will be building a twitter score calculator that will help those that are active on twitter to know how much they contribute to twitter. If you want to know your twitter score, you will post a new status update on your twitter and then you will receive a reply with your twitter score .I plan to use python for my project and the resources I plan to use are the internet and python API. For my presentation, I will have a demonstration that shows how my twitter score calculator works. As of this time, I have not found the best method to calculate the twitter score I will research further into what the best method of calculation to use. I am interested to see what some other sites used to calculate peoples twitter score and will present on the different methods that I discovered. Depending on how much time this project takes me I will try to implement other data calculators. I have already seen some twitter calculators and I have to say that I was impressed with some of their GUI’s. I also liked how some of them provide a graph for the user to look at and compare with other twitter scores I might add a high score to my tool. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twitter scores almost make the whole site sound like a game. You could probably build on top of this concept by including achievements of some type, such as what we discussed earlier in the quarter with Wikipedia's barnstars, or the trophy and achievement system found in the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Just an idea to help flesh out yours~

Sweet Lily said...

True, very true! Vigorously nodding my head in agreement.