Thursday, April 21, 2011

Possible Trouble in Apples Future

Apple needs to take some measures to insure that, it beats Google’s Android in the phone market. If they do not then there might be a repeat of what happened to Apple in the 1990’s when it went toe to toe with Microsoft and lost. Though Apple is not as much as it was but Apple is still considered a premium nitch product. This is what I like about apple I was annoyed with the quality of other laptops that were made out of plastic and easily broke. However, I think that because Apple has lowered some of their prices to become more competitive and sell more than just phones such as Mack books, IPod, IPad Etc. Apple will be able to surpass Google. I would also like to point out that Google’s Android is fragmented because carriers have changed it, which makes it hard for developers to make applications for Android. With apples quality and reliability, it is possible for Apple to overtake the market. I think that Apple has nothing to worry about, Apple has been around long enough that it is well known that they have quality products. Apple has also worked at how versatile it is such as allowing windows to be run on its macs. Personally, I think that is why its mac sales have token off. If Apple continues to do what it is doing and improve the versatility of their products, they will not have to worry about Google over taking the market.

6 comments:

Atomic Cactus said...

Google is definitely taking over, but I've worked with both platforms and Apple makes it way easier to develop for theirs. Android is still young, buggy and I've seen several people convert over to the "dark side" after they got fed up with the glitches in their Android devices.

XKrNxBallarX said...

Not only is the Android OS becoming more prominent, the upcoming of the Windows phone can stir up the competition. I predict that Android will be the main phone-OS in the future, mainly because of their open-source feel.. but you can never really count Apple out.

Joshua Udd said...

I never realized that Google's Android was not cross platform for developers. I assumed they were making the phone companies conform to their software to keep things centric for everyone else. I like Apple's approach for the App Store and it does not matter what carrier you are on the apps work for any of them.

Have you developed anything for the Android and did it have to be adjusted to work for the different versions of Android?

Moises said...

I agree that Apple has not to worry about Google over taking the market, principally because Android is very fragmented. But still Android is giving a good fight, I wonder if Windows Phone can compete too. At least the deal with Nokia, if anything, should help Microsoft give some sort of fight.

TG-2B said...

Las time i checked apple phones were only available to AT&T, and that is a big chunk of a problem for apple. Not sure what is the contract between them and AT&T or anything else but I can tell you that they need to get rid of it to continue.

Ziggy said...

I completely agree with you Atomic Cactus, I think that because Apple is easier to develop for it will have better apps and satisfied customers. You also made a good point that Android is still young and I think that with time they will improve their design. That is where the real problems will start for Apple. Though one-way Apple can fix the problem is have more carriers. That will insure that Android doesn’t take over the market by shear force.