Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dot Com to Dot Bomb

It was quite interesting to hear how the rise of the web was started through someone who was actually apart of the dot com era. I think I would have liked to been apart of the dot com era and take part in the growth of the current dot com industry. I thought it was really funny when Andrew used the dinosaurs to explain how the race for consumers was going between companies like Yahoo, Genie and AOL it was a good way to stay entertained and you still got a lot of information from the presentation. It also brought back some memories of my first computer and what it was like to see the progression of technology over the last 30 years. I thought it was interesting to hear that companies were not only being bought up for millions of dollars but billions depending on how well the company was set up. It was funny to hear that a company was worth eleven million at one point and no one would buy the company but the next day the company was worth hundreds of millions. I could only hope that one day I can build a company and it will be successful enough to be worth millions of dollars, and as an exit strategy it would go to the public. I found this class to be very enlightening and I really liked the gust speakers and thought that they were very informative. I would also recommend for the next class you do the same presentation Dot Com to Dot Bomb with the dinosaurs.

No comments: