Friday, November 28, 2008

Smart mobs

I liked this guy he was really into getting out there and seeing what was really going on. He would travel all-around the world looking for people and new technologies. I think this guy was really careful on how he worded what he said and the group that presented on him did a great job of portraying him and also they kept there ideas out of the presentation so you could really see what this guy was about.

He talked about WiFi and how he encouraged it all the way I liked how he got in on the ground floor and met the people who are using this technology and those that created the tech. he brought up a lot of great things but what I liked most was when the group referred to hackers and how they are the ones who created the internet. a lot of people think hackers are the bad guys trying to take all there information and take control of there computers but the people that are trying to do these things are not hackers they are called crackers. Crackers are really bad programmers that have noting to do with hackers. 

I think they did a great job on this presentation and I would be willing to read more about this book and  the different places this guy went and who he meets and what he does. I would not have mined reading this book for my presentation.

No comments: